A New Day!
* Awoke at midnight and noted that the fire was still strong but that I should probably put wood on it since the wood was wet and we wanted to keep it going. Didn’t do it.
* Awoke at 2 am and tried to recover the fire for 30 minutes. It seemed to be going and at 2:30 I was wide awake and considering a bath. Instead I returned to bed. The fire died.
* Awoke without an alarm clock at 6:19 in a panic but not the usual spring from bed cursing type of panic. I maintained myself much better than I normally do.
* Got the 7 yr old and 10 yr old moving and I went back to bed for 10 minutes but started feeling guilty for not being upstairs so I got dress and went up stairs to lie on the couch while they fed themselves and prepared for school.
* Grandmother called to say she was almost here with the costume pants for the 7 yr old; she pulled in as we were trying to leave but then could not find the pants and feared she had dropped them on the driveway at her house. She pulled up to let us out and as I pulled forward it sounded like we had a flat tire; turns out it was just a rock in the tread. The carpooler wasn’t quite ready and I dropped the kids at the carpool lobby which irritated the 10 yr old. Grandmother calls and says she is at the school and found the pants under a fedex box and is dropping them at the office. I ask her to hold them and in leau of getting milk I pickup the pants since the rest of the costume pieces are at the house.
* I return home and the 13 yr old is in “give me attention” mode and ends up getting me worked up a little but not badly.
* Time to take the 13 yr old to school.
Was totally unfocused and useless last night. Read blogs until my rear was sore then went to bed 9:30ish and watched tv until I passed out.