NOTE: The spam filter is being unusually aggressive. If you comment does not immediately appear, it has simply been placed in moderation and I will approve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
"Murphy was an optimist!"
Posted by Doug McCaughan in : Cool Sites, Of Interest
- Is MySpace a fad?
- A lot of folks have asked me “What went wrong with Friendster? Why is MySpace any different?” I guess i never directly answered that question, even though i’ve addressed the causes in other talks. Still, i guess it would be helpful to piece some of it together and directly attend to this question.
MySpace is not the same as Friendster – it will not fade in the same way. Friendster was a fad; MySpace has become far more than that. If it doesn’t evolve, it will fade, but MySpace is far better positioned to evolve than Friendster was. That said, i think we’re seeing a huge shift in social life – negotiating super publics. I kinda suspect that MySpace teens are going to lead the way in figuring this out, just as teens in the 60s and 70s paved the way to figuring out globalized life with TV. I just hope law doesn’t try to stop culture.
- Cold War bunker found in Brooklyn Bridge
- (This on the heels of me watching Johnny Mnemonic) NEW YORK (CNN) — New York workers have discovered a trove of Cold War-era supplies within the masonry of the Brooklyn Bridge, a cache meant to aid in survival efforts in the event of nuclear attack. …employees were conducting maintenance on the structure Wednesday when they found the cache on the top floor of a three-floor space inside the bridge’s base… containers were marked with two dates notorious in the annals of the Cold War: 1957 and 1962 and "To be opened after attack by the enemy." "Could it have been a bunker for the mayor? We don’t know."
- Men’s strange requests
- Video of Big Foot
- How NOT to be a man
- (This one will make you mad) Are all of you out there following the story about the smug frat-boy asshat who filed a lawsuit claiming that men have the right not to pay any support for a child they fathered by accident?
- Moore’s Law of Razor Blades
- Expect 14 bladed razors in 2100
Comments after advertisement