"Murphy was an optimist!"
Definitions April 26, 2006 6:07 amPosted by Doug McCaughan in : Daily Life
- lecÂ·ture Pronunciation Key (lkchr) n.
- 1. An exposition of a given subject delivered before an audience or a class, as for the purpose of instruction.
- 2. An earnest admonition or reproof; a reprimand.
- teach Pronunciation Key (tch) v. taught, (tÃ´t) teachÂ·ing, teachÂ·es v. tr.
- 1. To impart knowledge or skill to: teaches children.
- 2. To provide knowledge of; instruct in: teaches French.
- 3. To condition to a certain action or frame of mind: teaching youngsters to be self-reliant.
- 4. To cause to learn by example or experience: an accident that taught me a valuable lesson.
- 5. To advocate or preach: teaches racial and religious tolerance.
- 6. To carry on instruction on a regular basis in: taught high school for many years.
- nurÂ·ture Pronunciation Key (nÃ»rchr) tr.v. nurÂ·tured, nurÂ·turÂ·ing, nurÂ·tures
- 1. To nourish; feed.
- 2. To educate; train.
- 3. To help grow or develop; cultivate: nurture a student’s talent.
- parÂ·ent Pronunciation Key (pÃ¢rnt, pr-) n.
- 1. One who begets, gives birth to, or nurtures and raises a child; a father or mother.
- 2. An ancestor; a progenitor.
- 3. An organism that produces or generates offspring.
- 4. A guardian; a protector.
- 5. A parent company.
- 6. A source or cause; an origin: Despair is the parent of rebellion.