"Murphy was an optimist!"
I Didn’t Get The Gay Marriage Ban Until Now November 14, 2006 7:09 amPosted by Doug McCaughan in : Humor, Touchy Subjects
I voted against the constitutional amendment to declare marriage between a man and a woman. Now that I have read the Top 10 Reasons Gay Marriage Should Be Illegal I understand so much better.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. Thatâ€™s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children. [Source]
Update: Critz and my wife both agree that I was a might unclear in this post. I realize that posting only one of the 10 reasons doesn’t convey the author’s sarcasm as well. Here are a couple more (number two is my favorite):
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spearsâ€™ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
StopGeek has updated their post to point to the original source which was 12 reasons: