"Murphy was an optimist!"
Going to Goodwill or you January 24, 2009 3:26 pmPosted by Doug McCaughan in : Announcements, Of Interest, Philosophy
Update: All has been distributed but the metal recycling.
I don’t do Freecycle anymore. I got to feeling like I had simply become a supplier for professional yardsalers. I guess that isn’t bad in that stuff I don’t use anymore still ends up getting used by somebody but I’d rather it get to someone more directly. Additionally, the last few encounters with Freecyclers were a little creepy. They started shopping my driveway and house, "What about that? Are you using that anymore? Can I have your lawnmower? Do you want to give that motorcycle away? …"
I am planning a large trip to Goodwill. If someone wants to put any of this to use before I make my trip, I would certainly prefer you to have it. The list right now is:
- a typewriter (the white one)
- three 30 gallon bags of children’s clothing and miscellaneous toys
- an old Graco portacrib (still functions and in used but decent shape)
- Gym bag of karate uniforms, belts, and pads that will fit a child between 8 and 12 years old
- Playskool Busy Ball Popper (sans balls)
- Evenflo Exersaucer (older model with no batteries and far simpler than today’s version)
- Two older strollers
- a metal framed toddler bed and mattress
- a Fisher Price Intelli-table with Microsoft Smart Technology (it’s really cool)
- Little Tikes Climb and Slide Playhouse
- Mattel Backyardigans Music Sing ‘n Strum Guitar (this would be an excellent rebuild into a Wii Rockband guitar controller)
Separate from Goodwill, I’ll be making a donation to a metal recycler unless somone wants these:
- 2 aluminum server racks (they’ve been kept outside but still look good)
- The metal frames of two all metal desks (minus wooden tops)
- a dead dryer that has been outside on the driveway