How’s the saying go? "Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see" or did I get that backwards. The point is some inanely hugh amount of information on the Internet is inaccurate. I’ve always said 90%. This is why you should always confirm your sources! On April 1st I just assume 100% of the information is wrong. Of course, whose April 1st are we talking about? Darren Rouse of Problogger fame lives in Austrailia so for many people last year his April Fool’s Day joke came in on March 31st making people believe it was real. My first 30 seconds of looking at the Internet today:
- BREAKING: Warner Bros. Acquires The Pirate Bay
- U.S. plans role in reshaping GM
- Google introduces world’s first AI tasked-array system
- Introducing Opera Face Gestures
- CADIE: Cognitive Autoheuristic Distributed-Intelligence Entity
- Honda Unveils Brain Interface to Control Robot by thought Alone (this one is probably true)
- Google’s April Fools: GMail Autopilot
- Church baptises baby with cola
TechCrunch beat me to the roundup. That said, Internet, I’m turning you off today. Even Redditers hate April 1st.
Update: When did April Fool’s Day begin?