Reality Me is long overdue for a rebuild. The design is out of date. The content is poorly organized and not very searchable. I think it would be fun to redesign this live. Instead of building on a dev server, I will change the layout and behavior of the site here and document the process as we go. Let’s start by writing down some goals.
Reality Me v2 Plan
- Make posting easier and more engaging (this is one advantage Facebook has over blogging)
- Easier for readers to become engaged
- Separate content areas…premade filters per-se (ALL, Tech, News, Politics, Family, etc) Basically a set of categories in the navigation.
- Consider giving the reader the ability to have the page load to a particular category or tag. Perhaps someone wants to read my reviews but is not interested in the poetry or humor sections.
- Endless scrolling or other “better” page navigation
- Improved search
- Consolidate all social networks in one place
- Pay for hosting and domain expenses via revenue streams. Potential revenue streams:
- Google Adsense
- Other ad programs
- Affiliate networks
Naturally, this is brainstorming right now and is subject to change.