Stacey Campfield’s bill is wrong. We must vote Stacey Campfield out of office at the next opportunity.
I’m thinking of starting a business in Tennessee with the sole purpose of hiring homosexual staff. Here’s the business plan:
Mission statement: To snub our noses at the Tennessee GOP
- Hire employees based on their qualifications and not sexual orientation
- Provide healthcare to employees and their significant others even if Tennessee will not allow them to be married
- Show the Tennessee Legislature that a business can operate and profit while respecting an employee’s personal choices in religion (or lack thereof) and relationships
- Provide the same opportunities to the gay and lesbian, transvestite, transsexual, and asexual communities as the heterosexual community
We can worry about a product or service later. Investors? Angels?
If this post confuses you, see quipsofyellow Gay gay gay gay gay: arrest me, already. and TN House Votes to Reverse Nashville LGBT Workplace Protection Ordinance and Tennessee Legislature moves quickly to nullify Nashville’s newly adopted nondiscrimination ordinance.
Without debate, the House Commerce Subcommittee voted for legislation Wednesday to bar all Tennessee cities from enacting their own policies against gay, lesbian and/or transgender discrimination. The action was taken by voice vote, with no lawmaker offering audible opposition. [Source, Democratic Underground, Tennessee Legislature moves quickly to nullify Nashville’s newly adopted nondiscrimination ordinance]
Looks like Philadelphia is pressuring the Boy Scouts of America to accept gay scouts. This will be interesting to see how it pans out.
PHILADELPHIA – The city has decided that the Boy Scouts chapter here must pay fair-market rent of $200,000 a year for its city-owned headquarters because it refuses to permit gay Scouts.
The organizationâ€™s Cradle of Liberty Council, which currently pays $1 a year in rent, must pay the increased amount to remain in its downtown building past May 31
The Supreme Court ruled in 2000 that Scouts, as a private group, have a First Amendment right to bar gays from membership.
I voted against the constitutional amendment to declare marriage between a man and a woman. Now that I have read the Top 10 Reasons Gay Marriage Should Be Illegal I understand so much better.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. Thatâ€™s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children. [Source]
Update: Critz and my wife both agree that I was a might unclear in this post. I realize that posting only one of the 10 reasons doesn’t convey the author’s sarcasm as well. Here are a couple more (number two is my favorite):
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spearsâ€™ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
StopGeek has updated their post to point to the original source which was 12 reasons: