The malware has been overcome and Reality Me is back! Now I just need to return to a blogging habit. I believe we are about to see a resurgence in blogging and a move away from Facebook and other centralized platforms. The challenge is getting readers and involvement. Facebook makes it easy to consolidate your media consumption while blogs the reader has to actively go visit different sites. RSS readers were supposed to help overcome this obstacle. We still need something akin to an RSS feed that puts all your media in one central news feed but a news feed that is controlled by the reader not the platform.
In other news, I destroyed the micro-usb port on my minidox on the primary controller. Turns out I can power it with the secondary controller and the only thing I seem to have lost is the LED lights under the board. More stream of consciousness to follow.
I took a weekend off. No work. No thinking of things to come or bygone things. I spent nearly two days just being in the moment. I didn’t think I was capable of doing that. The perfect weather was a bonus. What an amazing weekend!
Her: “My head hurts.”
Me: “Can you smell things? How’s your sense of smell?”
Her: “I smell things fine. Quit jumping to that conclusion. If I stub my toe, you aren’t going to take my temperature.”
Me: “But lack of coordination is a covid symptom.”
Her: “I hate this life! Go away.”
* Woke earlier than normal
* Discovered 4G was faster than my home network which was hindering my professional work
* Troubleshot and fixed network speed. The family should be thrilled
* Worked my 8-5 job, wrote a fully functioning website in 3 hours
* Picked up groceries from Kroger curbside
* Wired a new GFCI circuit in the house
* Went to sleep at 2am
Today I plan to deep clean the house, run some electric circuits, make our raised beds, cut some shelving, put down some flooring in the basement, and build a website. Cooking and caring for the family too.
“To further combat the spread of COVID-19, the Knox County Health Department has issued a Safer at Home Order — directing all residents of Knox County stay inside their homes, and immediately limit all movement outside of their homes beyond what is absolutely necessary to take care of essential needs.
YOU CAN …
• Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store
• Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
• Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
• Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru
• Care for or support a friend or family member
• Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise — just keep at least six feet between you and others.
• Walk your pets and take them to the veterinarian if necessary
• Help someone to get necessary supplies
• Receive deliveries from any business which delivers
YOU SHOULD NOT …
• Go to work unless you are providing essential services as defined by this Order
• • Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need
Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out
• Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility or other residential care facility, except for limited exceptions as provided on the facility websites.
Is this Order mandatory? What happens if I don’t comply?
Yes. This is a legally enforceable order.”
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.