"Murphy was an optimist!"
Seven Signs Your It’s Time to Toss Your RÃ©sumÃ© February 17, 2005 8:55 amPosted by djuggler in : Daily Life
CareerBuilder brings us some suggestions for our resumes. 7 mistakes:
- No Career Summary/Introductory Statement
- Lack of Keywords and Phrases
- No Evidence of Your Experience
Describe a Problem, the Action you took, the Results you achieved and Skills you applied.
- Use of Personal Pronouns and Articles
- Irrelevant Information
- Poor Formatting
- Typos and Misspelled Words
The article finishes by reminding us that the purpose of the resume is to “communicate your experiences and accomplishments as they relate to an open position and to obtain a job interview” and that the resume should be customized for each opportunity.