Posted on Leave a comment

Is your fire insurance up to date?

Unsafe health care in Seattle.

“The male patient, who was not identified, went up in flames after alcohol poured on his skin was ignited by a surgical instrument.”

And now for bureaucratic cya and spin:

The patient died after the surgery but that was due to heart failure and not the fire, said Dr. Robert Caplan, medical quality director of Virginia Mason.

Dr. Caplan. Don’t you think, in your professional opinion, that perhaps, just maybe, the patients heart failed because he was ON FIRE!?

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.