I use tools in my life that just feel like breathing to me. Thought it might be interesting to list the tools I use in a typical day. Tools include hardware and software. Today I used:
- Amazon Echo to turn off lights, check the weather, and check the time.
- I used Siri to send text messages while I was driving.
- I used Siri to find information on the web.
- I used Dreamweaver for coding as well as Notepad++
- I used Microsoft SQL Server Management Console
- Visual Studio 2013 and Crystal Reports
- I wrote code in Adobe’s Coldfusion, PHP, and ASP.NET’s c#.
- I wrote stored procedures in MS SQL and data manipulations in MySQL.
- I used Terminal to change ownership and permissions on files.
- I used multiple email clients.
- I chaired a change advisory board using a watered down version of Robert’s Rules of Order.
- I used Zoom for video conferencing and screen sharing in two different meetings.
- I configured a WordPress installation including customizations of plugins and writing my own functions for a child theme of the Advanced Newspaper theme.
- I used Coin (a single credit card which consolidates my other credits cards into one) for payment
- I used the Narrative camera for life logging with photographs
- I used Github Desktop for version control on one machine and Subversion for version control on another.
- I explored automating parts of my life with Alfred App’s workflows and Automator as well as Jenkins and Selenium.
- I used YNAB for budgeting and Hootesuite, Skype, Facebook Messenger, iOS Messenger, and Twitter for communications.
There was more but I am tired.