Errors I have been fighting all weekend
- Error -1607: Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Runtime
- Error 1305.Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Peachtree\Pchapp32.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Installer stalls at 37% for C:\Program Files\Peachtree\Pchapp32.dll
Rid machines of viruses and malware can be very difficult and time consuming. Plus it demands just enough attention that you can’t really focus on something serious so multitasking for productivity is kind of out of the question. So, what gets sacrificed? Estimates and sales.
- Document ID: Q108340
- Setup Is Unable To Find or Update ISScript.msi (Document ID: Q108158)
- “Error reading from file” error message when you install
- Richard Sleegers – Most helpful!
- Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
- MDAC Analysis and Repair Tool – NOT FREE
Update: I have cleared all temp areas on the harddrive, have checked for bad sectors on the harddisk, have uninstalled the old remenants of the program being upgraded, have uninstalled and reinstalled the InstallShield engine, and jumped through many suggestions found on Google, and still at 37-40% of the way into the installation, it fails. So I tried on another computer and at 40% it failed with "Error 1305.Error reading from file C:\Program File\Peachtree\Pchapp32.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." So I wised up and decided to try to eliminate the cdrom from the equation. I can copy every file from the CD except d:\peachw\install\Data1.cab. When I try to copy that file I get "Cannot copy Data1:Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" from any machine.
Update: Peachtree agrees the disc is bad but won’t let me download Data1.cab. They are sending a new disc in the mail.