Last night, someone in Knoxville won $259 million on the Powerball lottery! Here is what happened in Knoxville this morning:
- Shock or Disbelief: "No one in Knoxville ever wins!"
- Denial: "It has to be me. I won’t look at the ticket and when no one else claims it I’ll know I didn’t lose. Argh, I looked and my numbers didn’t match. I’ll put the ticket in my desk drawer and check again later. It’ll be the winning ticket then."
- Anger: "Why’d I look at the ticket! If I hadn’t looked, it would have been me! I hope the person who won loses their ticket."
- Bargaining: "If only I had bought two tickets. Then I would have won half. Since I didn’t win $259 million, I’ll buy two tickets Saturday and win $40 million."
- Guilt: "I really shouldn’t have hoped the winner loses their ticket. After all, I might know them."
- Depression: "My life will never be the same without that $259 million."
- Acceptance and Hope: "Statistically the odds were against anyone in Knoxville winning. The odds that I know the winner are much higher. I hope I know the winner!"