this audio has been living rent-free in my head for days and probably will forever #fyp
It’s a new day. And it shall be grand!
Worrying about COVID is making me ill. Observing the immature, racist, xenophobic behavior of so many right-wingers and Trump supporters is making me sick.
In 153 days, United States COVID-19 deaths surpassed the number of deaths in 1119 days of the Korean War, 2944 days of the Vietnam War, and 1568 days of World War I.
Are you ready to wear a mask yet?
I took a weekend off. No work. No thinking of things to come or bygone things. I spent nearly two days just being in the moment. I didn’t think I was capable of doing that. The perfect weather was a bonus. What an amazing weekend!
Her: “My head hurts.”
Me: “Can you smell things? How’s your sense of smell?”
Her: “I smell things fine. Quit jumping to that conclusion. If I stub my toe, you aren’t going to take my temperature.”
Me: “But lack of coordination is a covid symptom.”
Her: “I hate this life! Go away.”
I thought I’d be doing daily COVID journal entries but I’ve been too busy. Back to work.
It’s not that I don’t have anything to do.
I’m a little tired of doing things.
Really want to continue working on the house.
* Paid bills, ugh
* Worked my 8-5 job
* Virtual scout meeting
* Electrical work
* Woke earlier than normal
* Discovered 4G was faster than my home network which was hindering my professional work
* Troubleshot and fixed network speed. The family should be thrilled
* Worked my 8-5 job, wrote a fully functioning website in 3 hours
* Picked up groceries from Kroger curbside
* Wired a new GFCI circuit in the house
* Went to sleep at 2am
When I look at the Trump administration, I feel like the Russian government instilled a dictator the way the US government for so many years interfered with governments around the world and we’ve blindly let it happen.
The GOP all but admitted they’ve been ignoring the pandemic for blue states. Yesterday they rolled back auto pollution rules because the moron in chief doesn’t believe in climate change and our health doesn’t line his pocket and nobody noticed or cared.
Last week the EPA said fuck it, destroy what you want.
Do you think Roe v Wade will survive to November? Equal rights? Civil rights? Will we have an election?
And the gun advocates who claimed they need the second amendment to reel in an out of control administration aren’t doing a damned thing while the GOP throws the balance of powers out the window. If we the people allow this administration to continue unchecked, the free America you claim to love is ancient history.
Get mad! Get organized! Get in the fight!
We are all tired. That’s part of their strategy. Keep us distracted, poor and hustling, keep us broke and under resourced, and exhausted so we don’t have time to fight or care. But you cannot relent. You cannot give into apathy. Visit congress.gov. Call a politician every day. Make it something you do like breathing and brushing your teeth. See who is on the committees and let them hear your voice. A government of the people, by the people, for the people requires The People. Do not abdicate your power. We are Americans! We are one people, one tribe. You are not alone. United we stand! I implore you. Stand up now! Our nation needs you.
What have I done today?
- Cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, and egg
- Worked a 8 hour stressful job in which my productivity was shot to hell by bureaucracy and a sluggish Internet connection
- Fixed a problem for a client
- Had an angry moment with a child for which I regret
- Researched house wiring for electrical improvements in our home
- Filmed a video
- Refurbished a broken shop light
- Cooked bratwurst, fried tomatoes, and a chocolate cake
- Climbed in the attic to trace electrical circuits
- Talked politics with the wife
- Talked politics with the Internet
- Performed garden research in preparation for planting
- Settled in to read books and watch tv with the wife
Today I plan to deep clean the house, run some electric circuits, make our raised beds, cut some shelving, put down some flooring in the basement, and build a website. Cooking and caring for the family too.
And Knox County is locked down.
“To further combat the spread of COVID-19, the Knox County Health Department has issued a Safer at Home Order — directing all residents of Knox County stay inside their homes, and immediately limit all movement outside of their homes beyond what is absolutely necessary to take care of essential needs.
YOU CAN …
• Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store
• Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
• Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
• Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru
• Care for or support a friend or family member
• Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise — just keep at least six feet between you and others.
• Walk your pets and take them to the veterinarian if necessary
• Help someone to get necessary supplies
• Receive deliveries from any business which delivers
YOU SHOULD NOT …
• Go to work unless you are providing essential services as defined by this Order
• • Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need
Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out
• Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility or other residential care facility, except for limited exceptions as provided on the facility websites.
Is this Order mandatory? What happens if I don’t comply?
Yes. This is a legally enforceable order.”