"Murphy was an optimist!"
Time to regroup – CFChart or not CFChart May 21, 2006 9:50 pmPosted by Doug McCaughan in : ColdFusion, Daily Life, Programming, Technology
- ColdFusion Server 7,0,1,116466 (that’s CFMX 7.01 aka CF7.01)
- Windows 2000
- IIS 5.0
- ColdFusion MX 7.0.1 Cumulative Hot Fix 2 applied
- Zero-byte files for internal ColdFusion processes created
- Various permission checked
- Server and services restarted
- caches cleared
The zero byte file reference was interesting. For people having trouble with CFChart or RDS you may need to know:
Some ColdFusion Administrator functions, as well as RDS and cfchart functionality, rely on two ColdFusion templates. However, these templates do not exist by default. You will need to create the following zero-byte files, since IIS will check for them during processing.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the web_root/CFIDE directory, typically located at \inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE.
- Create a blank file named GraphData.cfm.
- Create a directory called main.
- Navigate to the new directory at web_root/CFIDE/main.
- Create a blank file titled ide.cfm.
- Repeat steps B-F for any additional instances of web_root/CFIDE.
At this point I’m running out of time. Can I do this with a different solution?trackback