ScienceDaily (Mar. 5, 2012) — Men like to know when their wife or girlfriend is happy while women really want the man in their life to know when they are upset, according to a new study published by the American Psychological Association.
The study involved a diverse sample of couples and found that men’s and women’s perceptions of their significant other’s empathy, and their abilities to tell when the other is happy or upset, are linked to relationship satisfaction in distinctive ways, according to the article published online in the Journal of Family Psychology.
Today’s advice: Don’t ever drop your jaw to the floor, bug your eyes out, and say out loud to your wife, "You’re f*&%ing crazy!" You can think it but the words that come from your lips should be, "Yes dear." (Using a British accent doesn’t make it any better unless you are John Cleese…)
- Never let your wives find out about each other.
- Having a twin brother, never telling anyone, one works/one is at home, and the two of you can never be seen together.
- Lots of money. Because money can buy you happiness! And it can buy you love. But if you want happiness in marriage, never use your money to buy love.
- Nannies, babysitters, Mary Poppins, Oh My!
- Two houses. She should be living in the one you aren’t remodeling.
- Date nights! Just because you are married doesn’t mean you should quit dating. Get a babysitter for the children and act like you did before you said, "I do!" And don’t talk about todo lists, appointments, or other issues on your date!
- Remember small things add up. Leave a note, scrub a back, do one of your spouses chores (that is unless she hates the way you fold clothes and in that case just stay away from the laundry!), or knock something off that honey do list you’ve been ignoring.
- Viagra + Zoloft + Depakote
- Read The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman and practice it.
- Be married to my wife! (But be aware you’ll have to support me as well as the five children too)